Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Keep your eyes on the road
In case you can't read the billboard, the upper left hand says "Keep your eyes on the road." What's more is that this same billboard is in several locations and the best one (in my opinion) is coming around a sharp curve down a mountain with no guard rail. I tried to get a good picture of that one, but it was no use. This is taken from a stopped car in a traffic jam near the sea.


Apricot
Arabic has no "p" so they just approximate everything as either "b" or "f" (Bakistan, Falestine). Here, we have yet another shining example of why one should check with a native english speaker before buying expensive signs.

Mr. Juicy Drink Red Grape
See below:

Mister Juicy Shrab Anab Ahmar
The back of this juice drink says "mister juicy" transliterated directly into Arabic. I thought this was funny. One of my older cousins was with me when I took these two pictures. She didn't understand my humor then...

Valet parking in BEIPUT
Need to fix that sign buddy!

Look more closely
The shop "Hani" on the left is a lingerie shop. You can "barely" see some of the items in the window. The shop to the right is the Muslim owned modest home furnishings store. I just really liked this juxtaposition.

A Good Idea
I like these scooters with the wind and rainshield above them.


Another Trashcan picture
The only reason I took this was because the picture at the bottom looks to me like a woman gracefully pitching her garbage in the bin as her nonchalant stride remains unphased by the idea that she is doing something filthy. Even on the trashcan women are expected to look good...

No Idea
Why is the Morano the Qashqai? I have no idea.

A random monument
No one seems to know the reason for this monument. So I took a picture with it. My guess is that it's some random political party's erection in their little town.

1 comment:

  1. I'm disappointed that the Hani store turned out to be so modest after all. I see what looks like robes in the shop window. I was expecting mannequins in lacy bras and panties. Or something like that funny billboard. A nearly naked woman beside a warning to look away. Forbidden fruit dilemma.

    But judging by that trashcan logo you don't need giant billboards to see women everywhere. I don't understand how you see that image as being female, but I think it's hilarious that you do. They have the same logos in Helsinki and I have a photo of a friend throwing away trash while standing in the same position. It looked like he was doing a very uncomfortable dance.

    ReplyDelete