Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Funny photos from Lebanon

Here are yet a few more good examples of why one should always check with an up to date native speaker of a language before making signs in that language...

Remember the cosmetic surgeries?
Moustache women? Seriously people? Moustache is a high end clothing line for men (or it used to be for men, now apparently they've extended their market, but seriously...


University Creepy?
Perhaps they meant creperie? Perhaps they really did mean Crepy. In either case this is directly across the street from the main gate to AUB.


Is this really a carwash?
Shams is the Arabic word for "sun." Somehow I'm surprised that they didn't name is Al Shams carwash. That really would've done it for me.


The name says it all
The buy one get one free deal makes me a bit suspicious. What went wrong here?

A very happy Santa
I'd be really happy too if I were a manikin santa stuck in a dislay full of hot naked manikin ladies!

1 comment:

  1. I find this site bizarre but you have forced my hand, sir:
    www.womenwithmustaches.com

    Apparently Santa's harem proves that he has powers that allow him to travel to other worlds in order to collect women from places such as Avatar's Pandora, Mars and anywhere they sell fake tanners.

    ReplyDelete