Saturday, December 12, 2009

Some Photos from Month One

I realize that I haven't posted a lot of the fun photos I've taken so far. This is just a random assortment of funny photos that I've taken in my first month here. Hope you enjoy!

The Outside gate of my apartment

This is a fairly common scene. Barnyard type animals all over the streets. No surprise here. I was just a little shocked that this chicken was so into digging whatever it was it let me get just a few feet away for the picture.

Outside a beautiful concert hall

There were probably 100 blessing designs all over the ground near this concert hall. Sitting out in front was a Buddha statue in a man-made pond with flower petals adorning the surface of the water. This was probably the best looking design I saw on the ground that night.

You that saying about how indian food always looks gross...

I was walking by this with my friend and I started laughing hysterically. He did not understand the joke. He told me "homely means homestyle." I told him "homely means ugly, and homey means homestlye." Either way it's fitting. "Amma" funny enough is the Tamil word meaning "yes" and if you elongate the second 'a' to "ammaa" it means "mother." Somehow it works no matter how you read it...

This is a house of a very famous Indian dancer

Not much more to say here. Number 1 Elliot's Beach Road. It's a famous performance space.

What he did after Clinton left office...

Monica Lewinsky drove him all the way to South India.

1 comment:

  1. Come on down to Amma's and have a meal with a really lovely personality. LOL!

    The blessing design is really beautiful. Mandala images are always hypnotic somehow.

    ReplyDelete