Monday, December 21, 2009

A few pictures from the Bahrain airport

It took me all day, but I got enough bandwidth to upload these three pictures. Enjoy!

Gulf States like big buildings

I heard two days ago that Bahrain wants to build a tower 10m taller than the Burj Dubai. This will purely be a status symbol. I think this is completely ridiculous and the developers responsible for this idea should be ashamed of themselves! Nonetheless, here are some already built pretty buildings which are plenty tall enough.

That's Chili's in the background
Men and women should be separate for praying, but when they really want to be sinful they'll eat fake mexican food in an american joint. They can do this together. I'll bet they can even order many deliciously forbidden foods here too!


A duty free band
I wonder if they are without duties or if duty is the adjective here? I thought this was a funny thing to see in an airport in the Arab World. Lots of muslims working at all the stores, especially those selling duty free goods (including forbidden things...)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if there are any significant differences between the men and women's prayer rooms, like maybe a different color scheme to keep people from wandering into the wrong room. Can a little boy go into the ladies prayer room with his mom? And if so, what's the cut off age?

    ReplyDelete