Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lalbagh Botanic Gardens

As the first morning wore on, I had decided to go see perhaps one or two tourist-type things. I had remembered carting past some nice looking Botanical Gardens on the way to my host's place, and decided it might be nice to see. The entrance fee was 10 Rs per person and I decided that was an acceptable price. Put that together with the Rickshaw actually using a meter, and I was happy. There are some interesting historical sites within the gardens such as a huge glass structure modeled after the crystal palace in England. It was commissioned by the British governor of the Mysore State in the mid 19th century. There is also a small temple on top of a hill which originally marked one of the four corners of the city limits. Here are some pics...



















No comments:

Post a Comment