Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Best Dosa in South India

My host in Bangalore was asking me if I liked South Indian food. I said of course, but I'm a little tired of it. There isn't too much variety in Chennai. He asked if I liked Dosas. That question, however, was met with a resounding "YES!" I recanted my mantra that I believe I can put down another Dosa at any time. It hasn't been tested, but I have eaten a lot of Dosas, and there seems to be no sign of my enthusiasm for the waning.
With that level of excitement my host proclaimed he knew the perfect place for breakfast. I wasn't really skeptical, but didn't expect what I got.

So here is a shameless unpaid advertisement:

Shri Sagar commonly called C.T.R. in Mallaswaram neighborhood in Bangalore
Makes the best dosas in this world (as far as I can tell).










These are butter masala dosas. Just look at that perfectly browned crispy dosa! So much butter! Soft, inside with delicious potatoes! So, amazingly delicious! My mouth is watering just typing about them!

BEST!
DOSA!
EVER!

Apparently we aren't the only ones who came just for dosas. There were nearly 20 tables in that place, all completely packed, and every table had at least 2 dosas on them. It was like a New York greasy spoon, except that it had perfect dosas!

No comments:

Post a Comment