Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not Sleeping Well

The crows, the crows, the crows: do they ever sleep? Do mosquitoes stop biting? What the hell is that high-pitched squealing noise from the roof? Why is going ALL NIGHT LONG? Shut the hell up! Oh my many Gods a cat is trapped somewhere close by and howling about it. Shut up you stupid cat! You're thin and can easily get out of wherever you are. Did you climb a tree to chase a crow? Stop howling! F-me, I just got another mosquito bite on my foot. That itches like hell. What the hell is that high-pitched squealing? Weird dreams. Am I dreaming?

Sadly, no I am not dreaming, I just had a rough night. After one of the many rickshaw rides sent directly from hell to irritate me, I got to the apartment to deal with noises like this all night. In fact, I think I have recounted for you my entire night. It's noisy here. I should start wearing earplugs around, just to walk around town. Walking by a truck that honks every 15 seconds every day, motorcycle horns that play stupid songs. Cars in reverse playing that ring tone! The crows are incessant. Acoustic insulation is not heard of. Perhaps it's because no one can hear anymore. Our ears are blasted for 24 hours every day with horrible sounds. The only sweet relief from too much noise is sitting in my office listening to an AC unit and a fan.

Another mosquito bite, another ant bite. Hey Mr. Lizard with no tail hanging around the apartment, why don't you come to my room? There is plenty of good dining on bugs to be had in here. I know you like eating them, I watched you devour two moths the other night. In addition, your tail is already regenerating. You need all that mosquito protein to help regrow the rest of your tail. While you're at it, can you recruit your other animal buddies to go shut that cat up, and shoot the crows. Can you go check out what the hell the high-pitched squealing is? I can't take it anymore!

I hope I can sleep a little better tonight. After another trip to the immigration office! Oh BOI!

3 comments:

  1. That's awful. Not being able to sleep seems to amplify every little ache and irritation. Maybe you'll sleep better once the immigration situation is settled. Good luck!

    And that squealing noise is probably just the Mande Burung making mating calls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shite - sensory overload day AND night!!! Maybe you should try to get one of those bb guns from the beach...oh, wait, I guess that'd be cruelty to animals, but you're an animal too and may become more of one without decent sleep. A deep, uninterrupted sleep to you as I type :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mosquito situation is not good. Are you using netting? If not, better get some ASAP. Taking doxy? Perhaps should consider it. It is noisy there, which is why I avoided the streets. The birds can be maddening.

    Get one of those mosquito rackets. When you come home, use the racket to kill the mosquitos, then be sure your apt is sealed tight before you go to bed. That might be easier said than done.

    Take a break and head to the TTK Sheraton for a beer.

    ReplyDelete