Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the office.

I wanted to take a shower this morning and found something interesting. The shower head doesn't work. "What to do?" I thought. I asked my roommate Rakesh if he knew and we simply discovered the shower head is not connected to anything but the wall. Instead there were two big buckets and two small pitchers on the ground. The faucets that work don't even come up to my waste. So I took a "bath." That is to say I squatted on the floor and stuck my head under the faucet to get my hair wet enough for shampoo. While shampooing I let the buckets fill. I then basically dumped pitchers of cool water over myself a bunch of times to rinse the shampoo residues off.

Stay tuned for pictures.

I've noticed a couple of other totally peculiar things so far as well. The SUV and truck type things play this awful midi song when put in reverse. It sounds strangely middle eastern with a stupidly indian subcontinental twist. Not a fan.

Also, Indian people ride there bicycles in a strange way. They ride with their heals on the pedals. I thought this was only barefoot riders, but I noticed several school girls with shoes riding the exact same way. Perhaps this accounts for the lack of indian riders in the tour de france. They could never generate any speed riding that way. Also, riding two and three and four people to a single bike tends to slow one (or more) down.

As soon as I can transfer pictures onto my computer (keep forgetting camera cord) will post the early pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment