Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fist Food Adventure





I found my first exotic foods at a fruit cart vendor here in Raja Annamalai Puram where the apartment is. I stopped at an ATM, desparate for some cash and immediately went to buy something. I bought these things, which are supposedly called “custard apples.” I tried one this morning. Very delicious! It tastes like and apple with a custard texture. I guess that's why the name. The interesting thing is that I tried to eat a second one which wasn't very ripe. I accidentally bit into into the peel. It tasted like black pepper. I kid you not, black pepper. This weekend should be interesting. If I have any internet access I'll post more.

2 comments:

  1. Be very careful with the fruit. Outside skin is not clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One good stomach virus and I'll be totally clear of all that. Besides I think we worry too much about too little.

    ReplyDelete